|Date Posted||May 2, 2021|
Trades & Services
Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA's Park Avenue Residence is funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services and offers families a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. It provides comprehensive case management services to 63 families who are in a transitional residence program for homeless families. The nine story facility has rooms for various sizes, common areas and provides on-site security and socials services to stabilize.
Position: Driver/Maintenance Worker
Reports To: Director of Security & Operations
Location: 4607 Park Avenue, Bronx, NY, 10458
What The Driver/Maintenance Worker Does:
Operate a variety of company vehicles to transport passengers such as clients, employees, and/or supplies and materials; Make repairs, paint, and perform other upkeep functions to maintain the organization's physical facilities, and clients apartments; Load, unload, and carry furniture and supplies up stairs and move furniture and supplies as needed; Clean exterior grounds around building and dumpster; Fulfill security and/or courier/messenger or marketing tasks in addition to maintenance tasks.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Sufficient education and technical expertise to comprehend written and oral instructions (work orders); to accomplish maintenance tasks, and to document accomplished tasks.
- Must have Valid New York State Driver's License and excellent driving history.
- Must complete NYS Approved Defensive Driving Classes every 3 years.
- Must take Refresher Computerized Defensive Driver class.
- Must remain insurable based on CAMBA's point system throughout the duration of employment.
- If required to drive 15 passenger van, must score at least 80% on a computerized 15 passenger van improvement test every year.
- If required to drive 15 passenger van, must pass an observed Van Road Test. Acknowledge review of CAMBA's Transportation Policy.
- May be required to become First Aid/CPR certified.
- May be required to become certified in overdose prevention.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Must sign NYC DOH/MH attestation stating that candidate has not been the subject of a founded child abuse report.
Powered by JazzHR