|Date Posted||June 10, 2021|
It currently takes the same amount of time to process an average American mortgage as it does to walk nonstop from Manhattan to San Francisco! Xpanse is working to change that.
It's our mission to create a universal platform that brings clarity, ease, automation and security to the origination process. Our SaaS platform will power the mortgage industry and its relationships with a massive network of third-party providers that are integral to the mortgage process. By focusing on the customer, using automation, real-time intelligence, big data, and analytics we are changing the way borrowers, lenders, servicers, and service providers take care of business.
Disrupting an industry is a team sport, so we are looking for the best and brightest to make an impact and change the future of an $11 trillion industry. We are growing rapidly in the Seattle Area and looking for a Director of Engineering to join our team.
As Director of Engineering, you will lead and grow our high-performance engineering teams in this mission to disrupt the industry. You'll report to the VP of Engineering and work closely with PM and Design to craft the technical vision.
What You'll Be Doing
- lead the technical vision and ensure excellent technical and architectural decision-making
- be a key contributor to roadmap planning and product definition
- review and consult on code and architecture decisions
- mentor, develop and guide your engineers to execute at their highest abilities and grow to levels beyond their expectations
- together with the talent team, recruit and hire diverse, world-class engineering talent with effective hiring strategies
- plan team growth based on company objectives
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 15+ years building and shipping a mix of enterprise and SaaS products
- 10+ years building and supporting teams as a software engineering people manager
- Active leadership in cloud-based systems architecture, CI/CD, tooling, and infrastructure
- Fluent in multiple modern programming languages, development stacks, orchestration frameworks, cloud-based platforms and microservice frameworks
- Consumer-facing product development experience
- Significant experience recruiting and scaling high-performing teams
- Highly quantitative data-driven focus
- Masters degree (CS, MBA)
- Working in the Fintech industry
- Start-up leadership experience
Xpanse is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.