|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
Call Centre / CustomerService
Support Services of Virginia is seeking Direct Support Professionals to join our team and provide supports to people with developmental disabilities in the Danville area. The ideal candidate is friendly and positive, open minded and flexible, engaged in the community, and likes to be active. As a Direct Support Professional, you will support people in finding a balance between what is important to and important for them to help them live the lives of their choosing. Must be willing to travel to Chatham, VA to work shifts. Direct Support Professional candidates will need availability overnight during the week and daytime on the weekends.
Support Services of Virginia is committed to mentoring and supporting its team members as they strive to reach their professional and personal goals. Our commitment to our team members, positive work environment, comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities to make a real difference in someone's life makes Support Services of Virginia one of the top places to work in Virginia's human services field.
Virtual training and interviews via Zoom will be provided.
A Direct Support Professional just starting will make $11.25 per hour, however once you are cleared to drive and assist with medications you have the potential to make $ 11.75 per hour. All certifications will need to be verified.
- Three medical plan options which includes a health savings account (HSA) match
- Dental insurance free to employees that qualify
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Life insurance plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Paid training
- 401K Plan
Combined, these benefits add up to over 30% increase over the base wage.
- Opportunity to have a positive impact the lives of others
- Path to Professional Development and Leadership
- Flexible full and part time schedules
- Team This Ability
- Employee Appreciation Program
- Employee Impressions Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Core Values Hall of Fame
- Wednesday Warriors (on Facebook)
Support Services of Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. Requirements:
- Highly motivated
- Superior ability to communicate at all levels
- Effective time management skills
- Ability and willingness to perform task with minimal direct supervision and to accept supervision and constructive feedback
- Proof of highest level of education
- Ability to pass criminal/ registry background checks
- Clear tuberculosis screening
- Ability to pass and maintain CPR/First Aid, Medicaid Waiver Certification, and Direct Support Professional Core Competencies
- Ability to perform basic math
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position