|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Call Centre / CustomerService
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world's largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors, wood, vinyl and aluminium windows and related products for use in the new construction and repair and remodelling of residential homes and non-residential buildings.
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter peoples' workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives.
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career progression opportunities.
Summary: The Customer Service Representative II works in a fast paced, high volume call center and is responsible for receiving and resolving customer inquiries in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop a thorough understanding of JW products, operations, websites and literature to add value to and assist customers
- Address customer inquiries that come into the customer service department by phone, web/email, mail, fax, chat or Social Media by providing courteous and prompt responses
- Process basic order requests per departmental guidelines (i.e. change orders)
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the JELD-WEN customer(s) and their needs to professionally resolve and/or manage customer situations with a goal of first contact resolution
- Escalate non-routine issues outside of knowledge scope to appropriate supervisor/manager
- Interpret warranty conditions and issues
- Update management on customer developments/issues
- Use appropriate data systems to track contacts and inquiries
- Interface with the proper facility to bring resolution to customer issues
- Report to department manager any areas that do not meet service expectations
- Assist department manager with departmental process improvements
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Associate degree from an accredited institution required (years of experience will be considered); Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2 - 3 years related experience and/or training
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to handle escalated customer service situations
- Ability to manage escalations and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Passionate about providing the exceptional customer experience
- Ability to quickly learn new software, systems or processes
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Titan, Doclink, or SAP experience a plus
- 2 - 3 years Customer Service experience with demonstrated knowledge of JW products or systems preferred
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by JELD-WEN, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services