|Date Posted||June 11, 2021|
The Port of Beemac is a 24/7 operation and we are seeking Crane Operators. Forklift and Crane experience is a plus, but not a requirement. We will train you if necessary. We have two, 10-12-hour shifts starting at 7AM or 7PM. Please do not apply if you are not flexible on schedules. The facility in Leetsdale is an unheated/non-air-conditioned port. You will be working outside. We require you have reliable transportation to and from our business because our shifts will change from time to time. We offer competitive hourly wages, and we are looking for hardworking, quick-thinking, self-motivated people. Hourly wage ranging from $15 to $20 per hour depending on experience. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical.
- Operates and maintains 45-ton Overhead River Crane or equivalent equipment.
- Safe, efficient operation of Hydroelectric Crane or any equipment involved at the port.
- Maintains equipment by performing preventative maintenance (i.e., lubricating, cleaning, adding gear lubricants, changing cables and document all activities performed daily).
- Inspect all moving parts, cables, pendant lines, sheaves, and spreader bars.
- Responsible always for the safety of barge, truck or rail cars, and all crew members in the area.
- Observes load hookup and determines safety of load.
- Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Manipulates or depresses crane controls such as pedals, levers, and buttons, to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and minor repairs.
- Moves levers to control equipment movement and attachments.
- Other duties as assigned. Uses proper and safe loading and unloading procedures.
- Reading work orders and loading trucks, railcars, and barges with specified product.
- Load and offload material to and from barge, truck, rail car and bays.
- Daily clean-up of work area.
- Follows the Companies and the Clients safety rules and report equipment safety deficiencies immediately.
- Maintain and use appropriate PPE- hard hat, vest, safety glasses, gloves, steel toed boots.
- Preferred overhead crane certification.
- Must know requirements for cable weight limitations.
- Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator's driver license.
- Must be able to work with a team and take direction from supervisors
- Must be willing to work shift and/or overtime hours during the week/weekends as dictated by operations.
- Ability to pass training and required testing.
- Must have flexible schedule
- Must have recent work history.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. on a frequent basis.
- Work in areas with full exposure to the elements year-round.
- Proven track record working cross-functionally.
- Ability to work well with all levels of team members with different backgrounds and needs.
- Must be able to work independently based on periodic guidance and direction
- Must be able to perform tasks in a timely and safe matter.
of Working with Beemac:
- Hourly Rate: $15-$20 (based on experience).
- We are 100% employee owned! (20% annual investment).
- Shift differential pay!
- Health/Dental/Vision coverage.
- Paid Time Off and Paid Vacation Holidays.
- 401(k) program plus company matching.
- Safety shoes allowance.
Established in 1984, Beemac Trucking is a premier transportation company providing asset-based trucking, logistics, port, warehousing, and specialized services to customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Ambridge, PA, Beemac operates over 400 trucks, and has 28 terminals nationwide. Beemac Trucking has long recognized our customers' desire to reduce transportation costs while efficiently managing their inventory. To fill this need Beemac has opened a Transloading, and Warehousing facility located in Leetsdale, PA.
Powered by JazzHR