|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Trades & Services
Purpose and Scope
The Controller/Accounting Manager under the general supervision from the President, oversees all financial and accounting activities for Universal Service Recycling Inc and multiple related companies. This position requires solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills. Requires knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). The Controller/Accounting Manager is a "hands on" position. Liaison with outside CPAs.
Essential Functions and Duties:
· Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
· Protects assets by monitoring internal controls and procuring adequate insurance coverages.
· Coordinate the provision of information to external CPAs for the annual Review.
· Prepare quarterly bank debt compliance reports.
- Monitors expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains accounting staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Backup payroll bookkeeper
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
3+ years experience using QuickBooks
10+ years experience as an Accounting Manager
BA degree in Business/Accounting
Quickbooks software knowledge
Excel and Word skills
Excellent communication skills
Attention to detail.
Positive attitude and team player
- Must be able to pass drug screening and background check