|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Job Number: 40441
Group: Magna Powertrain
Division: EC Troy
Job Type: Contractor/Temporary Worker
Transforming mobility. Making automotive technology that is smarter, cleaner, safer and lighter. That's what we're passionate about at Magna Powertrain, and we do it by creating world-class powertrain systems. We are a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in design, development, testing and manufacturing of complex powertrain systems. Our name stands for quality, environmental consciousness, and safety. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Dream big and create the future of mobility at Magna Powertrain.
Mission of the Position
The Continuous Improvement Specialist will work closely with the Strategy & Continuous Improvement Lead at DS Engineering, Troy. The person will be working according to the established engineering continuous improvement process and will support the initiatives to define and implement lessons learned for engineering projects. The person will be engaged in defining and maintaining appropriate continuous improvement related KMI's for the Troy site.
Management of the Engineering Continuous Improvement Process
- Coordinate and track continuous improvement activities with departments, function groups and building block leads, and subject matter experts.
- Alignment of Continuous Improvement activities with the engineering strategy and with the engineering leadership team.
- Ensure efficiency and standardization of processes for both traditional and electrification product development.
- Definition of continuous improvement projects and act as a lead for selected projects (technical and organizational improvements).
- Planning and tracking of improvement projects.
Coordinate the Sharing of Best Practice and Lessons Learned Globally
- Proactively assess existing product development processes and identify corrective actions.
- Establish and maintain a common engineering continuous improvement process.
- Communicate Lessons Learned effectively among relevant peer groups.
- Measure effectiveness of the Continuous Improvement Process (KMIs)
- Plan and track the development and improvement of standards and best practice documents.
- Moderation of Lessons Learned workshops.
- Lead task force activities when they are planned.
- Practice and maintain integrity while following Magna's Charter and Constitution.
- Follow Magna's Code of Conduct and Ethics and related compliance policies.
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (IATF).
- Drive the development of new technologies to improve quality, efficiency and reduce cost.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures to ensure duties of self are performed in a safe manner.
- Health & Safety responsibilities:
- Understand applicable Environmental, Health & Safety policies and procedures in the workplace.
- Report unsafe conditions immediately.
- Report injuries, accidents, illnesses, near misses, property damage immediately.
- Follow safety rules.
- Comply with requirements for the use or operation of machines or equipment.
- Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Create a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional/technical knowledge.
- Develop and maintain a responsive and cooperative working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Treat everyone with dignity, trust and respect.
- Complete additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Customers and Business Interfaces
- Engineering Leadership Team
- Engineering Departments
- Project Manager Integration, Project Manager SW / E&E
- Subject Matter Experts, Function Group / Building Block Leads
- Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years related work experience in a product engineering organization.
- Knowledge and experience in Automotive Driveline development preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as teamwork skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skill with the ability to work within deadlines but also be adaptable to change.
- Experience working with/reporting out to senior management strongly preferred.
- Experience working with different groups and facilitating a team atmosphere.
Office environment; up to 5% travel required.
While working in this environment, the employee will be exposed to machinery, moving equipment and material, moderate noise, airborne particles, fumes, and various levels of temperature created by manufacturing processes.