|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
The Construction Planner provides field construction management services to include technical support, project estimation, change management documentation, scheduling input, overall construction execution, maintenance services, project turnover, and emergency coverage.
The Construction Planner will be the primary liaison between the client, contractors, and engineering. They are responsible for executing all work on schedule and within budget
The Construction Planner will drive safety, cost, schedule control, quality assurance, providing information to finance, input to contracts administration, material management, construction completion and turnover.
* Work with the client Project Manager to develop overall project sourcing plans and execution strategies.
* Assist with Project Kick-Offs & Collaborative Design Sessions as required.
* Participate in project design review meetings with the client, design engineers and construction partners to provide constructability during all phases of the project.
* Provide front end construction estimates to the client Project Managers for project budget funding
* Work with the project team to develop a master schedule
* Develop construction execution cost estimates from final project engineering packages:
* This may include working with trade partners to establish scope and associated costs
* The cost of performing work item tasks should represent, as close as possible, the scope of work to be performed as identified in Engineering Information and other supporting documents.
* Create scope of work packages for both self-perform Stork craft and for contractors
* Organize and run:
* Pre-bid meetings
* Bid-award meetings
* Project Execution Meetings
* Technically evaluate quotes and bids from trade partners and suppliers with Procurement, Project Controls, P&G PM/Tech and P&G Auditing personnel.
* Develop the QA/QC (Quality Assurance/Quality Control) plan and verify on- going monitoring.
* Provide construction interface with plant personnel/stakeholders to develop downtimes and construction work areas for project execution
* Monitor the safety, scope, quality, and timing of construction field execution.
* Provide any applicable updates required for regular project reports.
* Lead and support project teams in the identification of changes in scope or unexpected field conditions and ensuring proper change management is supported and followed.
* Document all scope changes on a change order prior to the work being performed
* Once work is completed, initiate closeout requests of all applicable scope / contracts.
* Develop construction turn over (CTO) packages.
* Prepare and track punch list and/or exception list to ensure the readiness of system for release or turnover to the client for start-up.
* Participate in Project Closing Debriefs with Client & Trade Partners if requested/required.
* Ensure that acceptance criteria is completed prior to turning project deliverables over to the client
* Support the sites Innovation Culture in collaboration with all other functional site leads (IC&M/Procurement/Project Controls/Safety/Operations)
* Support driving our Innovation Culture in the field through observation / feedback programs with craft
* Promote the importance of safety.
* Monitor the work in the field. Make frequent daily walks in the field to review, monitor, and evaluate progress, performance, quality and compliance to the site safety rules, specific requirements, and procedures.
* Maintain a good set of project files and keep all documentation stored with-in the sites established document control process.
* Adhere to site security policies.
* Adhere to site standards and policies.
* Construction Management degree or global equivalent
* Typically has three (3) years of project experience
* Basic computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the basic use of spreadsheets