|Category|| Construction |
About Lifecycle Construction Services:
Founded in 2007, Lifecycle Construction Services provides Design-Build, Construction Management and General Contracting Services for federal, state, municipal and private clients. Lifecycle has delivered these services on more than sixty military or government installations in thirty states.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military/protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law.
Construction Estimator (Design-Build)
Lifecycle's Estimator will ensure that all estimates, schedules, constructability reviews, value engineering efforts, cost model planning efforts and documents are prepared as scheduled and to the levels of quality and detail required. The Estimator prepares estimates at all design stages (Conceptual through Construction Documents) on negotiated and competitive bid projects. The Preconstruction/Estimator interfaces with the Clients, Architect/Engineers, and subcontractors to resolve scope issues during design or pre-bid and provides engineering and cost data regarding project.
- Conduct a detailed analysis to estimate the quantities of materials required for construction through means of computerized take-off or manual method.
- Coordinate and Estimate Engineering efforts with assistance of design leads.
- Maintain conformance with estimating standards and work instructions.
- Maintain orderly files of all electronic correspondence, electronic or hard copy deliverables, specifications, etc. used for the estimate.
- Initiate an estimate basis file and file hard copies of all base line documents used for developing the estimate as they are received.
- Able to utilize comparative and parametric data for cost analysis.
- In depth knowledge of the scope of work for the project, and ability to draft scopes by division.
- Manage bid pricing from all vendors.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with vendors and subcontractors.
- Coordinate and monitor estimate activities and systems to ensure availability of timely, accurate information.
- Work to establish and maintain unit rate cost from manual take-offs.
- Estimation of the cost to be spent required to support all aspects of the project.
- Disperse/disseminate scopes of works to qualified subcontractors.
- Review bid quotes received and scope level for analysis.
- 5+ years of experience in estimating of commercial construction projects.
- Detailed knowledge of design, procurement, and construction/field service processes and their inherent cost performance risks.
- Need to have Design-Build Experience
- Proficient in estimating methods for Lump Sum, Fixed Price, Cost Plus, T&M, Design-build, and Unit Price contracts.
- In depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation formulas.
- Previous experience with RS Means based estimating programs is a plus.