|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
Commercial Construction Superintendent
Construction company is hiring a commercial retail/multi-family on-site construction superintendent for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety. The projects will be primarily in Salt Lake, Davis and Weber counties .
· Schedule subcontractors and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
· Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
· Communicate with project team regarding ASI's, RFI's, and Material Submittals.
· Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
· Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
· Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
(3-5) years minimum experience in commercial construction.
Experience in all aspects, phases, etc. of construction from dig to completion
High school diploma or GED
Degree in a related field is a plus, but not required
Ability to use technology tools - Smartsheet, computer, smart phone, etc.
- Health insurance , dental, vision
- Paid time-off
Position reports to Construction Manager.
Construction company has 11-15 permanent employees; does not bid 3rd party jobs - just builds for in-house jobs; currently building 900 multi-family units in three different projects as well as 4-5 retail projects
Base plus bonus.
Full-time permanent position with benefits.
Supervises 1-2 people and dozens of subcontractors with their employees
Responsible for 1-2 projects at a time depending on project size.
- Complete the daily foreman report
- Approve construction work by conducting inspections
- Execute all necessary forms for construction
- Manage and maintain the construction schedule
- Ensure all work is performed per construction processes& procedures, construction supervision & inspection procedures, and construction tracking processes
- Determine construction requirements or to plan procedures
- Resolve construction problems and improve construction methods
- Ensuring conformance with construction specifications and plans
- Progress along with foreman -Participate in toolbox safety meetings -Various other construction related tasks
- Oversee/work with team members on various construction projects to completion
- Perform tasks on building construction projects, including the following
- Submetering new construction or retrofit projects from start to finish
- Coordinate operations and oversee workers at construction sites
- Work with departmental leadership to ensure optimal construction operations
- Assist the crew in proper safety and construction procedures
- Provide technical guidance and direction to the construction personnel
- Assess the situation and determine the best construction solution
- Understand construction methods and procedures in Wireless deployment
- Ensure all construction activities are appropriately tracked in Siteview
- Complete construction projects by scheduling materials, equipment, and personnel