|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
Trades & Services
GFL Environmental is looking for a Collections Coordinator to join our team out of our Southfield, Michigan Office! This position is responsible for performing, administering, and coordinating all collection functions to reduce the aging of client A/R through review, analysis, and communication with clients. This is a hands-on position that involves communicating with clients and employees.
- Daily collection calls (Outbound/Inbound - Target of 85 outbound calls per day)
- Contact customers regarding overdue accounts and determine reasons for non-payment
- Perform account reconciliations
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payment, late payment and other irregularities
- Process credit card payments
- Researches charge backs and returned checks
- Issue credit hold notifications
- Recommend that accounts be shifted to a collection agency
- Recommend bad debt write-offs
- Issue overdue letters to overdue accounts
- Use skip tracing techniques to locate customers
- Negotiating settlements
- Research/investigate historical data and resolve payment discrepancies and provide backups to customers
- Respond to customer questions and requests and resolve those questions/issues
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Overcome stall tactics and objection by suggesting different options for debt payment.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- At least two years (2) of collection experience
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Proficient computer and math skills
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Proven interpersonal, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication with outstanding phone etiquette and interpersonal skills
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Possess strong logic, ability to take initiative and able to negotiate
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. As such, the Company offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable discrimination laws. Furthermore, no employee of the Company may discriminate against any applicant or fellow employee on the basis of a disability or veteran/military status.