|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering rooftop solar service to homeowners within and outside the United States through our network of local sales and installation partners. Our mission is to change the energy industry by providing the choice of low-cost, worry-free solar power that generates long-term savings for our customers and continued business growth for our partners.
Come be part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
Sunnova is looking for a Full-time Cloud DevOps Engineer to join a team of highly motivated Engineers working on cloud Infrastructure space at scale. Be part of the team that solves infrastructure issues with software, delivers high velocity and high quality software applications.
Candidates must have a proven track record for delivering quality and scalable automations, applications. This requires the ability to build and support various application Continuous integration and deployments, for applications build and deployed on salesforce, aws, mulesoft etc. The Cloud DevOps Engineer develops, configures, and setups Automation scripts, maintains various environments of our enterprise applications,
- Provide input into long-range platform requirements and operational guidelines, with a focus on automation and continuous improvement of Platform Service Composability and availability.
- Develop and own best practices/methodologies for provisioning, application scaling, configuration management, capacity planning, monitoring, etc. to improve organization-wide visibility into how distributed systems interact and perform in production.
- Analyze and comprehend how Sunnova is using the platform and help drive continuous improvement of the offering based on that.
- Manage Atlassian Bamboo stack.
- Manage AWS and Heroku deployment infrastructure.
- Create and design workflows with GIT.
- Develop, support, and troubleshoot for the tools we use for developments.
- Implement and automate continuous integration and deployment for various applications and technology solution stacks, which includes SalesForce, AWS EC2/Lambda/RDS, Heroku, Mulesoft, etc.
- Build Shell, Node.js, python scripts for making deployments, environments creations/maintenance.
- Automate, optimize and drive efficiency of effort, code, and process
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience and performance
- Create, maintain and share technical documentation used by engineers and other team members
- Work with engineers on the design, deployment and continuous improvement of important deployment/environment infrastructure services.
- Comfortable with process documentation and contributing to knowledge base documentation and process documentation evolution.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or Engineering or Equivalent.
- Broad Platform Experience. You have strong skills or interest in creating systems to run on multiple platforms (Windows, macOS, Linux), on-premises and in AWS, and a variety of database platforms.
- DevOps Mindset. You are familiar with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) concepts. You treat operational issues as if they are software problems. You view software as a primary tool to manage, maintain, fix, and extend systems required to support large development environments. You promote operational excellence!
- Automator. You leverage automation, monitoring, and data analysis to ensure operational excellence for our internal services and infrastructure.
- At least 1-2 years of CI/CD experience with bamboo and cloud deployment technologies
- 1+ years cloud engineering on AWS (e.g. AWS EC2 / Elastic Beanstalk / Cloud formation, Lambda's, appFlows)
- Fluent in one or more scripting or object oriented languages
- Created build/test/deploy pipelines
- 1+ years of experience in cloud infrastructure automation tools, such as CloudFormation or Terraform.
- 1+ year experience with AWS CodePipeline, Code Build, CodeDeploy, CodeStar etc. tools.
- 2+ years experience programming with one or more of the following languages/Scripting like Node JS, Python, Shell etc..
- In depth knowledge of Source Control Systems (Git, Gitlab, SVN, or similar)
- Software development life cycle: experience in deploying code from lower sandboxes to production environment and address issues related to functionality, integration, merging, mock validating new and existing code changes, etc.
- Good to Have AWS DevOps Engineer or Salesforce related DevOps tool certification.
- 4+ years' experience as a software developer.
- Strong analytical skills possess strong written, and oral communication skills, and a willingness to "do whatever it takes" with high energy within a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development
Location: Houston, TX
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.