|Location||New York, New York|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
Call Centre / CustomerService
Client Service Associate (CSA) / Relationship Manager (RM)
New York, NY. (hybrid)
Requires:1-3years of experience in a wealth/investment management / financial services environment providing exceptional service to High Net Worth (HNW) clients in all aspects of their wealth and financial planning.
Our client, a thriving, independent wealth management firm and RegisteredInvestmentAdvisory (RIA) focusing on ultra-high net worth (UHNW) clientele, is seeking a proactive relationship manager/client service professional. Collaborative, positive culture with best in class processes, products, and practices.
Responsibilities of the Client Service Associate (CSA)/Relationship Manager (RM):
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of HNW client accounts by liaising with internal stakeholders including Senior Advisors, Portfolio Management, Trading, Operations, Legal/Compliance and other internal teams, along with external parties including clients, clients attorneys, accountants, assistants and custodians.
- Liaise with custodian (Fidelity) regarding daily transactions and process client distributions, one-off trades as needed
- Proactively address the specific needs of high net worth (HNW) clients and overall account maintenance. This includes:
- opening and onboarding accounts, transfer of accounts (ACATS)
- moving money: wires, journals, checks
- understanding margin and addressing operational and back-office issues
- specific customerrequests as required, e.g., mortgage research
- portfolio/asset allocation reviews and performance reporting
- frequent communication withexternal stakeholders:clients, clients attorneys, accountants, assistants etc.
- Deepen knowledge of investment products across equities, fixed income and alternative investments, including separately managed accounts, mutual funds, hedge funds and collective trusts
- Contribute to the overall efficiency of the team by fielding inbound client inquiries, maintaining team schedules and deliverables and handling other relevant administrative tasks
- Asset allocation understanding asset classes and the firms allocation strategies
Qualifications of the Client Service Associate (CSA) / Relationship Manager (RM):
- 1-3 years of high net worth (HNW) client service/support and operational experience in a wealth management / financial services environment. Registered Investment Advisory (RIA)/asset management experience is a plus
- Experience with communicating/interacting with high net worth (HNW) clients over the phone and in-person/video calls.
- Understanding of asset classes (equities, fixed income, options etc (alternatives a plus.) Some exp/understanding of asset allocation
- Bachelors degree; concentration in Finance, Business, or related field is a plus.
- Experience with Fidelity as the custodian a plus
- Strong analytical quantitative and qualitative reasoning ability
- Proficiency with Excel and Microsoft Office suite. Tech-savvywith theabilityto pick up new programs quickly
- Experience with Addepar, eMoney, Wealthscape or similar platforms is a plus
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Resourceful with proven ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Team-oriented with excellent people skills and high level of EQ. Comfortable engaging clients and all levels of firm management.
- Polished, professional with a passion for learning
- Progress towards CFP is a plus but not req
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Rapidly growing wealth management firm with experienced, congenial, mentoring senior staff. Position involves a lot of client contact with UHNW clients and broad learning opportunities.