|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
Trades & Services
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a national engineering consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking Mid-Level Civil Engineer to join our growing Engineering and Remediation Practice in Greenville, South Carolina. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth and experience in the design and construction of environmental remediation, storm water, wastewater, solid waste, and/or general civil engineering projects. Our engineering staff provide support for permitting, design, and construction of a wide variety of technically challenging projects primarily for industrial, utility, renewable energy, and public sector/private clients. The position focuses on a candidate with the ability to work independently or in a project team with demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications, presentations, analytical, professional judgment, and team building skills.
- Developing construction documents (drawings, specifications and cost estimates), and providing bid assistance (preparing bid sheets, and reviewing contractor bids).
- Completing engineering calculations (e., for storm and sanitary sewer design).
- Grading, drainage and site layout design and analyses.
- Conducting regulatory research and determine applicability to projects at hand.
- Overseeing field work activities including planning work, developing work plans, and coordinating with subcontractors and clients.
- Construction CQA and oversight.
- Interpreting data, conducting analyses, comparing findings to regulations to ensure compliance.
- Communicating with clients and coordinating with regulatory agencies on behalf of clients.
- Preparing summary reports, technical memoranda and email correspondence.
- Implementing TRC's safety, quality, and project management programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- 4 - 8 years of engineering consulting and construction experience.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (P.E.) license.
- Experience with storm water calculations, design, and permitting.
- Experience with AutoCad Civil 3D with an emphasis on grading and surfaces.
- Experience with civil site planning.
- Construction experience.
- Understanding and applying basic engineering principles, theories, practices and existing technologies to develop solutions for technical problems with limited scope and budgets.
- Ability to grasp scientific concepts and apply them to technical challenges in a principally self-directed manner.
- Willingness to travel for project work up to 30% time.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn through on-the-job experience.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Ability to work in outdoor environments for extended periods of time.
- Working knowledge of health and safety practices.
- Ability to pass a background check, drug screen and OSHA physical.
The following skills and experience a plus:
- Professional licensure (PE).
- OSHA 40 hr. HAZWOPER certification.
- Experience with the following software platforms; CAD Civil 3D, GIS.
- Experience with wastewater design and calculations.
- Proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS and Microsoft Project or equivalent project scheduling packages a plus.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at .