|Date Posted||April 14, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
The Production Manager is responsible for providing for all aspects of designing, planning, and implementing policies, procedures, and activities in support of meeting customer demands for the Milwaukee site.
- Ensure all operations conform to the company's safety and quality policies and procedures, as well as federal, state, and local regulations.
- Manage the development of, and monitor the execution of, the manufacturing schedule and capacity plan of all production departments.
- Set the vision for Production, establish the goals and metrics to drive improvement.
- Develop budgets and manage activities to accomplish financial objectives.
- Lead Continuous Improvement & Lean Manufacturing efforts in department and participate in site steering committee to assure positive culture. Assure deployment, training and utilization of tools are aligned with the strategic vision of the Company.
- Work to establish management practices throughout assigned areas which include all employees' positive involvement with opportunity for constructive input and action.
- Ensure accountability for production, that it is clearly defined, delegated, and consistent through the use of training and the development of SOP's.
- Direct, advise, and otherwise expedite and solve manufacturing and other related problems by utilizing resources in the Technology and Development Department to resolve and implement corrective procedures.
- Partner with Engineering, Technology & Development, and Quality to successfully manage the introduction of new products to manufacturing.
- In conjunction with Senior Management and associated Managers, assist with the development and formulation of short and long range plans, policies, programs, operating procedures, and objectives.
- Coordinate and direct major projects (e.g. acquisition and installation of capital equipment, major repairs, plant layout changes) to the best scheduling and economic advantage.
- Bachelor's degree required, with a strong preference for Chemical Engineering or a STEM-related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Chemist and/or Material Science Engineer
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a supervisor in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using an ERP system for production scheduling, with SAP preferred.
The selection of the person to be hired for this position is contingent on the candidate having export compliance eligibility for access to U.S. controlled technology which comes under the licensing jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of State, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the U.S. Department of Commerce, Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The candidate selected will have to qualify as either a U.S. citizen, a U.S. National, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., a Person Admitted into the U.S. as an Asylee or Refugee., a National of a country that is not prohibited from having access to U.S. controlled technology (via a letter of assurance), or a Person to be approved for an export license by the governing agency whose technology comes under its jurisdiction.