|Location||Silver Spring, Maryland|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Call Centre / CustomerService
Bering Global Solutions, LLC (BGS), a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native Corporation, is currently seeking a qualified Call Center Help Desk/Tier 1 t for a government contract in Silver Spring, MD. Help Desk Analysts provide IT support for over 26000 worldwide customers by diagnosing and resolving routine hardware and software issues. They receive requests for support via phone, email and web/intranet. Help Desk analysts use remote assistance to assist customers if the customer's PC is connected to the network. Tickets are created, modified and closed in ServiceNow; problems/requests that cannot be resolved by Tier 1 are escalated to Tier 2 and Tier 3. Help Desk Analysts research questions using available information resources, including an IT Help Desk knowledge base. Help Desk Analysts follow existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and enter or receive tickets for customer support and ensure proper closeout of tickets once resolution has been confirmed. Help Desk services are required 24 hours a day, seven days (7) a week, 365 days a year. Help Desk Analysts work 40 hour a week shifts, according to a schedule established by the IT Help Desk Manager and Supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed for this position, and are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receive, respond, and follow-up with service requests and service tickets
- Help Desk Specialist should demonstrate the core competencies of communication, leadership, ability to drive change, innovative outlook and problem analysis.
- Proven knowledge of basic PC troubleshooting of and Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Proven experience with SharePoint
- Ability to work shift work, which may include overnights and weekends to support 24/7/365 operations.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- Help Desk Specialists should have a HS Diploma or GED.
- Must be CompTIA A+ (IT Technician Designation) certified (no substitutions)
- Microsoft Office Specialist (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, or Outlook) certification. Candidates who do not already have MOS certification must commit to being fully certified within 30 days of hire.
- Must have an Active Public Trust security clearance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Excellent problem solving skills and broad understanding of relationships between hardware and applications are necessary.
- Required professional attitude, company focus, and strong work ethic and proven ability to follow through on open issues and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with dynamic priorities are needed to perform the job duties.
- They should possess proven excellent customer service skills and call tracking/problem management software experience, involving detailed documentation skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system. The work described herein is primarily a modern office setting. Occasional travel may be required.
- No supervisory responsibilities are required.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS N/A
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results to obtain access to military base. Must have reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/ Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.