|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
- The contract CAD Technician provides document management support for Substation Engineering.
- Under the guidance of the Document Manager, the contract CAD Technician assists the Engineering Analysts by revising existing drawings from as-built field corrections and, after training, by updating Issued for Construction (IFC) drawing packages.
- Documents include internal drawings, external vendor drawings and supporting documents.
- After additional training, the position will assist the Engineering Tech to liaison between engineering and field personnel who construct or maintain company facilities and to:
- Create and publish new Issued for Construction drawing packages.
- Gather technical information and up-to-date drawings for projects.
- Create new 3D material coded parts for electrical substation models.
- Use the Autodesk Vault 3D parts library to create 3D substation models.
- Generate drawings based on one-line and substation standards drawings.
- Contract CAD Technician work is performed in an office. Travel is not required, however, optional field visits are available as a training opportunity
- Questioning Attitude Attention to Detail Must be able to perform all essential functions as identified by the Company.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience/Education High School or equivalent 2-year college degree Associate of Science Drafting Proficient in Microsoft Visio.
- Must be qualified in electronic drafting as evidenced by satisfactorily completing work.