|Date Posted||June 11, 2021|
BUSINESS: Leslie Controls, Inc
LOCATION: Tampa, FL 33637
DIRECT REPORTING: Senior Manager of Engineering
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: N/A
The CAD Designer designs specialized fluid control components using computer aided design and drafting (CAD) tools to meet customer requests; and collaborates as necessary to generate details, assembly drawings, models, and bills of materials (BOM). This position requires interactions with the design engineers on a daily basis but may also include other functional groups, particularly Manufacturing Engineering and Purchasing.
- Supervision is limited, but engineering staff will review work product and provide direction daily.
- Break down information obtained from specifications, sketches, customer layout drawings and instructions furnished by others and convert the information into detailed drawings with section views and dimensions.
- Perform a variety of mathematical calculations using standard procedures.
- Responsibility for coordinating with others to determine whether drawings can be executed efficiently and within expected tolerances.
- Prepare bills of materials and specifications.
- CAD work is completed using computerized drafting applications (Solidworks)
- Completes forms and relevant documentation within the Engineering department.
- Compiles record of project progress.
- Releases approved prints for official use
- All other Duties and Tasks as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Results oriented, with sound judgment.
- Excellent demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent demonstrated analytical and critical thinking with respect to CAD, ASME standards, and product requirements.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage changes during design phase.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Ability to effectively work in a cross-functional team.
- Working knowledge of computerized drafting applications (Solidworks)
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.5 GD&T
- Completion of a formal drafting program and 5+ years of drafting experience, or equivalent. Relevant mechanical design experience preferred in the design of mechanical components or valves
- U.S. Citizen
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities