|Date Posted||April 14, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
VersaTech is an Automation company with over 500 people and $70M+ in annual sales. VersaTech is a diversified engineering, manufacturing, and field services company providing integrated control and safety systems for industrial and oilfield applications worldwide.
VersaTech focuses on 5 key areas including:
- Instrumentation and Electrical Construction and Maintenance
- Control Systems Design, Fabrication, and Programming
- Skid Packaged Units such as Chemical Injection Systems and Hydraulic Power Units
- Commissioning Services
- Overhead Powerline Construction
VersaTech has offices in Houston, Dilley Texas, Midland Texas , New Orleans, and Africa. Our scope of work includes both onshore and offshore projects in the US and overseas.
VersaTech has an opening for a Business Development Manager at our New Orleans office to support our Business in Louisiana.
We will consider an Intern for the summer and fall to transition to full time in December or an upcoming graduate in the Spring of 2021.
A Business Development Manager's primary purpose and objective is to increase the sales of VersaTech through all legal and ethical means, including regular and personal sales activities, strategic planning, marketing, as well as the discovery of new products, services, and business offerings. The sales horizon includes short and long range projects and the sales effort targets existing and new markets.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop Business Opportunities in Louisiana by calling on clients in the Upstream and Midstream Market. Clients will include Operators, Engineering Firms, and General Contractors in the region.
- Coordinate with the VersaTech Business Development Team to facilitate calls at the client's Corporate and Regional offices in other locations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
· Communicate bid strategies and recommendations to VersaTech Operations, including novel pricing strategies, to facilitate the most efficient pricing model for VersaTech.
- Monitor competitor's products, sales, and marketing activities.
- Assist with the development of Social Media Strategies and Marketing plans.
- Travel as needed throughout the state (New Orleans, Northshore, Baton Rouge, Lake Charles and Shreveport) and to other Client Corporate and Regional Offices in the US.
- Attend Bid Meetings and Job Walk-throughs as necessary
- Provide Follow Up Contact with Client and obtain post-job feedback on performance
- Provide written weekly sales reports detailing efforts and accomplishments in the prior week. Discuss the contents of the sales report during the weekly sales meeting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Industrial Distribution, with a preferred concentration in Professional Sales and/or Marketing or enrolled in program graduating in 2021.
- Ability to travel throughout the state to visit with Managers and Clients. (Less than 30% travel requirement)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Maintain assertive, yet professional communications with existing and potential customers.
- Have an organized approach to tracking projects and customers and the ability to follow up in a timely manner to understand and develop future opportunities for the company.
- Prior knowledge or experience in Construction or Industrial environment preferred.