|Date Posted||April 6, 2021|
Operates excavators and other equipment as necessary for excavation, backfilling, loading, unloading and moving materials. Pay is commensurate with experience and skills.
Required Abilities And Skills
- 2+ years of Full-time experience digging utilities (Sewer, Water and Storm Sewer)
- Digging around existing utilities without disruption of said utility
- Must be able to identify different soil types
- Capable of digging with trench shoring boxes in all situations (inside box double and triple stacked, etc.)
- Must have positive attitude with safety and production in mind to support the crew and foreman
- Be willing to assist crew as needed, using your experience to help crew and foreman
- Able to work long hours in all types of weather conditions
- Ability to lift to and move 50lbs
- Must have a valid driver's license or the resources to get to and from work
- Ability to show up on time ready to work (punctuality and dependability)
- Ability to communicate (smart phone is needed for time tracking)
- Read and Understand English and perform basic mathematical calculations
- Use of problem-solving skills to find solutions or to deal proactively with work related challenges
- Understanding of tools and safe practices
- Capable of working with a crew and able to maintain good work ethics and communications
- Able to pass a drug test and background check
- Operates excavators/misc. equipment for building underground utility installation
- Observe and understand colored flags and ground markings indicating the location of underground utilities and structures
- Keep a neat and level work area.
- Plan work route to execute work in a safe and productive manner.
- Pay close attention to ground crew to avoid any and all injuries/incidents
- Load flatbed truck, dump truck, or pickup truck with excavated soils or building materials such as stone, sand, aggregate, pipe, asphalt, large hand tools etc.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment such as lubricating, fueling, and cleaning, complete a 360-degree walk around prior to starting equipment.
- Inspects and maintains the equipment according to KLE Equipment policy
- Must safely operate equipment according to manufactures requirements and KLE Requirements
- Work with others in order to complete the tasks successfully and safely
- Follow directions from foremen and superintendents to meet expectations for each specific task
- Shall perform Laborer responsibilities when needed and instructed by foreman/superintendent
- Clean work area, company vehicles, tools and equipment daily
- Perform all work in a safe manner according to company policies and KLE HSE manual
As with the nature of construction, this job description, the duties and responsibilities contained herein are both general and not intended to be a complete list of the duties, expectations, responsibilities necessary to this position. As with any atmosphere, supervisors or managers may ask you to perform additional or other duties as needed or required.
Powered by JazzHR