|Date Posted||November 25, 2021|
Trades & Services
The Service Technician I is responsible for troubleshooting mechanical and electrical equipment, performing repairs, and scheduling maintenance work based on customer needs and requirements.
GEODIS is one of the world's largest leading Supply Chain Operators! At GEODIS, we create with you an infinite number of career opportunities. As a GEODIAN, you will work hands-on with products from hundreds of customers in different industries - retail, healthcare, technology and more - all within our warehouse distribution centers, located globally.
No matter what position you're in, you will find yourself contributing to the development and success of your career and our customers.
The points below highlight the Service Technician I duties:
• Analyzes and diagnoses customer equipment problems and breakdowns
• Recommends the correct service and repair actions to resolve equipment performance problems
• Makes appropriate equipment repairs or modifications to solve operating and performance problems as dictated by the analysis of the customer's equipment
• Performs scheduled equipment maintenance per customer contract
• Follows all scheduled maintenance procedures and policies as dictated by the company
What will set you apart as a GEODIAN?
• Attention to detail, skillful and nimble with using your hands
What projects will you work on in this role?
• Troubleshooting mechanical issues
• High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
• Minimum 1 to 3 years related experience and/or training with mechanical, electrical and hydraulic equipment
• Technical or mechanical training/certifications preferred
• Possesses a valid driver's license
• Ability to occasionally life and/or move up to 25 pounds
Join us as we logistic your CAREER growth!
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
 Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered "Essential Functions" and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform "Essential Functions" of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the "Essential Functions".