|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
To protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors, customers and communities, employees in the U.S. and Puerto Rico are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an approved exemption has been granted for a medical reason, sincerely held religious belief, or an employee is otherwise exempt under applicable law.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic, and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications, and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at .
"What's it like to work at Agilent in Manufacturing? Watch the video"
As an Automation Engineer for our team in Chicopee, you will play a key role! Bring our scientific and engineering expertise to the next level with Agilent. In this role, you will apply your knowledge of materials science to collaborate with and provide consulting to R&D, procurement, and manufacturing engineering in the research, specification, sourcing, and qualification of materials used in the design and production of Agilent products. Plan, evaluate, and recommend technical, quality, and cost specifications to meet design and business growth objectives and supply chain optimization. Identify and qualify alternative materials when needed.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Improving products, processes, and components to meet agreed-upon objectives
- Redesigning products or components to meet cost objectives, component technology obsolescence, and customer requirements
- Participating actively in new product introduction, including influencing the design of the product to ensure manufacturability and conformance with the global supply chain, enabling prototyping while in the R&D lab, testing the reliability of prototypes, and handling the transition into production
- Supporting and implementing the transition of products and manufacturing processes from prototype to full production and through the entire life cycle of the product
- Partnering with procurement and technical services to improve/sustain products and processes
- Directing the work of third-party vendors and/or partners to meet contract specified deliverables, performance, or business objectives
- Coordinating/collaborating with suppliers to ensure achievement of goals for cost, quality, and delivery of parts and materials
- Identifying and using ERP data such as bill of material and routing
- Supporting fabrication: Design, develop, and enhance semiconductor, wafer fabrication, or related devices/ equipment, processes, and handling systems
- Resolves and develops approaches to assignments
- Leads development projects requiring coordination with other functions, suppliers
- Solves a broad range of problems varying in scope and complexity