|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
Low Frequency Application Engineer
EMPLOYER SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
Phoenix Analysis & Design Technologies, Inc. (PADT) is the Southwests leading provider of Numerical Simulation, Product Development, and 3D Printing products and services. We are in the business of helping those who make things - make them better. We are professional engineers, salespeople, technicians, and administrators who apply experience, enthusiasm, and a win-win approach to everything we do. We make innovation work.
Summary: PADT helps innovative companies tackle complex engineering design challenges using leading simulation and rapid prototyping technologies and is currently seeking an Application Engineer with experience in Low-Frequency Electromagnetics and motor design for our technical Simulation Group. The Low-Frequency Application Engineer will be responsible for helping customers solve complex engineering problems using ANSYS software products. The position involves working closely with customers and internal teams in a consultative and supportive technical role. The ability to research problems and find solutions to a wide variety of problems is paramount.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The functions listed below are representative of what is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with potential and current customers to scope technical solutions that meet and optimize their operational needs
- Collaborate with account managers to identify, advance, and technically drive new opportunities and sustained account support
- Provide, track, and document first level technical support for existing customer accounts and elevate support when appropriate
- Develop, organize, and deliver introductory technical training courses on the use of ANSYS electromagnetic simulation products
- Maintain a general understanding of the breadth of technology provided by all ANSYS product offerings and technical solutions
- Sustain technical proficiency through ANSYS certifications and continual pursuit of personal, technical, and professional growth
- Participate in and support internal marketing initiatives that drive customer engagement, education, and grow technical capacity
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mechatronics or Applied Mathematics. Master's Degree or PhD preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years' relevant experience.
- Requires experience in Electric Machines/Motors and Drives or Power Electronics
- Requires the ability to work effectively in both independent and diverse team environments
- Requires excellent problem solving skills and ability to develop practical engineering solutions to difficult problems
- Requires exceptional customer service aptitude, as well as communication and presentation skills
- Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 tools to include Teams, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Requires occasional travel (up to 20%)
- Experience using ANSYS Maxwell and Motor-CAD software preferred
- Experience in automotive or industrial power industries preferred
- Familiarity with actuators/solenoids, magnetic sensors/transformers, and/or wireless power transfer devices preferred
- Familiarity with other relevant ANSYS software or knowledge of other commercial CAE, CAD, EDA software packages preferred
- Familiarity with common programming languages, C, C++, Python, Etc. preferred
- Healthcare Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Health Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Annual Bonus
Phoenix Analysis & Design Technology, (PADT) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law or regulation. It is PADTs intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Keywords: Engineering, Electrical Engineering, ansys, low frequency electromagnetics, electric machines, motors
Powered by JazzHR