|Date Posted||November 26, 2021|
FUTURE ELECTRONICS - Advanced Engineering Specialist :Embedded Processor (Central US and LATAM)
Advanced Engineering Specialist (Central US and LATAM)
Do you like solving problems and influencing new product designs? Join Future's elite team of advanced engineering specialists who offer best-in-class technical expertise to help bring customers' innovative ideas to production.
An international leader in electronics distribution, Future Electronics is recognized for delighting customers worldwide with global supply chain solutions and advanced engineering services. The Future Intelligent Solutions (FIS) specialist team is dedicated to providing expertise in and support of embedded processors and operating systems, with a heavy focus in supporting customer engineers designing with processors from manufacturers including Microchip, NXP, Renesas and STMicroelectronics, as well as a diverse range of embedded board solutions (SOMs/SBCs). The Embedded Processor Advanced Engineering Specialist role within FIS will provide comprehensive technical support for customers based in Central US and LATAM, including hardware and software selection, technical demonstrations, training, support of Board Support Packages (BSPs) and embedded operating systems, schematic reviews, and system debugging. There will be an emphasis on supporting all aspects of the design with customers that have varying degrees of expertise. You will work closely with the FIS Regional Sales Manager to position the right technology for a wide array of innovative customer applications, enabling new customer designs and supporting all phases from concept through production.
- Provide system design solution consultation and troubleshooting assistance to external customers throughout their design and development phases.
- Work closely with Future Generalist AEs and Strategic Account Managers to help develop business opportunities and engage with new and existing customers in your assigned territory (Central US and LATAM)
- Achieve quarterly business goals focused on customer base expansion, design wins and revenue.
- Participate in supplier-led training events and stay in tune with supplier product offerings to build expertise in key product technologies, roadmaps and application focus areas.
- Present solutions and technical demonstrations to customers with a mix of both remote and onsite visits.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSEE or equivalent
- 10 or more years of hands-on experience with embedded applications and Linux development
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written/presentation)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to maximize productivity and performance in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and commitments
- Experience with one or more of the following processor families preferred: i.MX, Layerscape, SAMA5, STM32MP1, and RZ
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes tuition reimbursement, quarterly MBO program, health and dental plans, 401(k), and a unique FAE training curriculum.