|Date Posted||March 11, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
We are expanding our operations in the region. Irriland Corporation is a leading specialty wholesale distributor in the green industry. Headquartered in the Pittsburgh region of Pennsylvania, we serve customers in Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio markets. Irriland has more than 25 years of experience in the irrigation and landscape supply distribution segment - a family-owned business led by the Founder & CEO. Irriland is known in the region for professional expertise, product quality, commitment to on-time delivery, and outstanding support services. Setting us apart from our competitors is our people.
If you're looking for a company where your great ideas and hard work will make a difference, Irriland is the place for you!
We are looking for part-time accounting/bookkeeping and administrative associates to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments. These positions are 2-3 days a week (15 to 20 hours, additional hours, as needed). Our ideal candidates are proactive, independent, have essential data entry skills and strong attention to detail. Responsibilities will include general accounting data and accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions, processing business transactions and necessary reconciliations. This position constantly interacts with vendors and customers. You will also assist with purchase and sales transactions, and as necessary, research and resolve discrepancies.
- Maintaining relevant databases, ensuring that records are complete and current
- Recording information, processing, and filing forms
- Preparing checks, deposits, budgets, and financial reports
- Updating ledgers, researching and resolving discrepancies
- Abiding by all company procedures and accounting principles
- Ensure reconciliations of different company transactions and accounts
- Responding appropriately to vendor, client, and internal requests
- Performing basic office tasks, preparing marketing materials, including responding to emails
- Ensuring the admin area run smoothly and efficiently
- High school diploma, college degree preferred
- 2+ years in accounting and administrative background
- 2+ years of experience in managing billing, receivable and payable
- Proficiency in QuickBooks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher.
- Experience in marketing and social media marketing preferred
- Experience in listing and managing of sales via online platforms preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Irriland Corporation
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Opportunity to become an equity partner
- A generous employee benefits package
- Opportunity for rapid career advancement
- Ability to make an outsized impact
- Support sustainability while selling green-tech equipment
- Support a local business on a growth trajectory