|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
Call Centre / CustomerService
If you're ready to be part of our legacy of hope and innovation, we encourage you to take the first step and explore our current job openings. Your best is waiting to be discovered.
Day - 08 Hour (United States of America)
This is a Stanford Health Care job.
A Brief Overview
The Stanford Health Care (SHC) Enterprise Contact Center (ECC) Access Operations Contact Center (AOCC) handles a high-volume of inbound calls, outbound calls, faxes and other communication with patients, providers, clinic staff, and others needing to access health care services at one or multiple SHC departments/clinics. The Access Operations Contact Center staff within the ECC is responsible for providing an excellent patient and customer experience by efficiently coordinating services and accurately answering or properly referring inquires.
Stanford Health Care
What you will do
- Responds to a high-volume of incoming and outgoing telephone calls and faxed referral
- Coordinates care by scheduling, editing and maintaining routine patient physician appointments for new and returning patients.
- Facilitates communication between the patient and the physician or clinic
- Delivers expert knowledge regarding clinic-specific processes
- Accurately documents and routes calls to the proper department
- Identifies urgent customer needs or operational issues, and escalates appropriately
- Works with care teams, patients, and outside facilities to obtain necessary information required for care.
- Communicates with the care team and support staff on various patient issues.
- Obtains and updates insurance information.
- Meets all regulatory and compliance standards
- Delivers high-level of customer service
- Follows documented protocols and guidelines
- Meets and exceeds departmental quality assurance standards
- Uses reference documents and online knowledgebase tools to clearly articulate accurate information regarding SHC services
- Uses functionality of the telephone system as required
- Other departmental duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- One (1) year of progressively responsible customer service experience, preferably in a healthcare setting or contact center environment
- Internal candidate from Level I: six (6) months required; external candidates: one (1) year required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Type 40 words per minute
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper English grammar in speaking and writing
- Effectively listen to resolve patient's/customers inquiries
- Maintain respect and composure in stressful situations
- Navigate complex software tools and accurately input data
- Effectively document caller notes into the medical record
- Ability to adjust communication to fit the needs and level of understanding of the receiver
- Ability to apply business logic to resolve patient/customer issues while managing multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of EPIC or other patient/customer database
- Ability to apply C-I-CARE to work
Licenses and Certifications
These principles apply to ALL employees:
SHC Commitment to Providing an Exceptional Patient & Family Experience
Stanford Health Care sets a high standard for delivering value and an exceptional experience for our patients and families. Candidates for employment and existing employees must adopt and execute C-I-CARE standards for all of patients, families and towards each other. C-I-CARE is the foundation of Stanford s patient-experience and represents a framework for patient-centered interactions. Simply put, we do what it takes to enable and empower patients and families to focus on health, healing and recovery.
You will do this by executing against our three experience pillars, from the patient and family s perspective:
- Know Me: Anticipate my needs and status to deliver effective care
- Show Me the Way: Guide and prompt my actions to arrive at better outcomes and better health
- Coordinate for Me: Own the complexity of my care through coordination
Equal Opportunity Employer Stanford Health Care (SHC) strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, SHC does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity and/or expression, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements.