|Date Posted||June 11, 2021|
Maintenance Technician - Glass Recycling Company
Strategic Materials is an environmental steward and largest glass recycler in North America, helping to conserve earth's natural resources. Strategic Materials origins started in 1896, recycling glass into a variety of products.
Would you like to grow your skills in a challenging and rewarding career with the largest glass recycling company in North America? We have an exciting job opportunity for you!
- Maintenance of industrial electrical and mechanical recycling equipment
- Preventive Planning- assist with preventive maintenance repairs on conveying systems, power transmissions, and other power driven rotating equipment.
- Troubleshoot- diagnose, repair, or install production equipment that is electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, or pneumatic in nature
- Document work tasks completed
- Work with production team to minimize downtime and optimize production lines
- Track and maintain inventory of spare parts
- Clean and change pneumatic valves on sorting machines
- Change belts and idler pulleys on conveyor lines
- Weld and fabricate as needed
- 1-3 years experience in industrial electrical and mechanical maintenance
- Welding and Fabrication strongly preferred
- Conveyor experience preferred
- 480V electrical troubleshooting
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem Solver
- Able to accomplish maintenance tasks independently, under limited supervision
- Experience with basic schematics and electrical systems including but not limited to: level probes, flow meters, switches, starters, fuses, wiring, etc.
- Experience with mechanical systems including but not limited to: gear boxes, chains, sprockets, motors, seals, bearings, valves, cylinders, motor brakes, air compression, precision alignment, rigging motors, tensioning fasteners & belts, lubrication
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 70 pounds throughout the work day.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals) occasionally.
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements occasionally.
Direct & Permanent Job, Weekly Pay, Overtime Opportunities, Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage, & 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, opportunity for growth.
Join our Team
Strategic Materials, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Strategic Materials, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR