|Date Posted||September 2, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Objective: Performs welding as well as other assigned tasks on the shop floor.
Reports to: Shop Supervisor
1) Welds on jobs as assigned.
2) Periodically reviews his welding to ensure that adequate weld size and penetration is maintained.
3) Discusses any problems found with a lead person, project manager or QC department.
4) Seeks to understand correct setup and operation of all machinery to which he is assigned.
5) Performs any other assigned duties including, but not limited to, the following: grinding, fit-up, drilling, shearing, or assisting others.
6) Maintains clean and safe working areas. (This applies not just to the welder's primary area, but to any other area in which he may be working.)
7) Positively encourages others to follow correct procedures and to maintain a safe working environment.
8) Goes to the tool room attendant to obtain the correct consumables and tools. Maintains all tools and consumables to extend their working life.
9) Gives project manager or job lead feedback as to conditions or issues that will have an impact on the job.
10) Looks for and takes advantage of educational opportunities.
11) Seeks to be as knowledgeable as possible of all shop machinery and tools.
12) Seeks to be as knowledgeable as possible with fabrication processes, metal alloys and properties and relates that knowledge to assigned jobs.
13) Understands blueprints and part layouts ("stretch-outs"). Works with project lead men, detailers or project managers to ensure accuracy of part dimensions and requirements.
14) Looks for ways to increase efficiency and quality in his work while following correct procedures as required.
15) May be required to perform field work as necessary.
16) Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, stand for extended periods of time, and bend, squat or climb ladders as necessary.
1) Practices welding when needed and actively looks for opportunities to obtain new certifications.
2) Stays on task and makes productive use of time.
3) Is on time and has good attendance for all scheduled work. Schedules vacations in advance so that his absence can be planned for.
4) Maintains a positive, friendly attitude.
5) Positively motivates others by modeling best practices.
6) Is flexible to changing requirements and schedules.
7) Understands the value of time and materials.
8) Maintains the confidentiality of customer and CAID Industries proprietary information.
9) Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
1) Continually improves knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials to increase efficiencies.
2) Develops strong communications skills.
3) Willing to learn and improve abilities.
Minimum Required Job Skills:
1) Strong familiarity with fabrication equipment and techniques
2) Ability to pass a 2/3G open room GMAW/FCAW certification
3) 1-2 years' previous welding experience