|Date Posted||July 28, 2021|
Trades & Services
Req ID: 86762
Recruiter: John Carlin
Please note: this opportunity is for a temporary assignment through CHOP's Internal Talent Mobility program.
The Security Officer, through his or her normal duties, provides for a safe and secure environment for patients, families, and staff. Also provides a high degree of customer service for visitors, families and staff by helping with way finding and other general questions and requests for assistance. Will also respond to all emergency situations and participate as a first responder during such situations.
Provides for a secure environment.
- Performs security duties either at a fixed post, or while making rounds of hospital buildings and grounds.
- Checks for unauthorized persons, general security violations and fire or safety hazards.
- Reports all problems and emergencies to immediate supervisor, and documents security incidents with a written report and daily activity logs.
Screens all individuals entering the facilities to ensure that they have a business purpose to be in the building.
- Checks ID badges, and ensures that employees wear badges as required.
- Confirms that all vendors and contractors are authorized to be on the property and have been signed in.
- Ensures that all visitors comply with the Enterprise's rules and regulations.
- Escorts all unauthorized persons from the hospital campus.
Provides security escorts to employees, patients, patient family and visitors.
- Completes a security escort assignment throughout the Enterprise as directed by the operations supervisor.
- Notifies operations supervisor when directly requested to escort by any personnel.
- Provides escort with service and friendly demeanor in order to reinforce comfort level.
Assists with campus parking issues.
- Appropriately screens all persons entering any visitor designated lot.
- Assists employees, patients and visitors with any parking related issue.
- Notifies supervisor to call for tow truck and/or police services as may be necessary.
Responds immediately to all routine and emergency calls as directed by a Supervisor or Base Operator.
- Responds promptly to all routine security calls, and notifies Base of outcome.
- Provides support and during helicopter landings.
- Acts as a member of the Fire Brigade during fire alarms.
- Participates as directed in all Emergency Preparedness Events.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Valid PA - ACT 235 Certification (Must be obtained prior to the completion of the probationary period if not possessed at the time of hire).
Must be able to pass the Basic IAHSS Security Officer exam within the first year of employment.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: High School/GED
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Experience: Progressive experience in hospital security, law enforcement, or other related Criminal Justice agencies. Related advanced training in Criminal Justice desirable. Minimum one year related security experience or Military Duty with honorable discharge strongly preferred.
- PA ACT 120 certification.
- Valid Driver's License or Commercial Driver's License for community of residence with a clean driving record as determined by our insurance carrier.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Respond quickly and calmly where individuals may be exhibiting negative or threatening behavior.
- Able to deal with confrontational problems by using good conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to relate events both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills for the use of email, computer based incident reporting system, alarm system, and CCTV system.
- Ability to work all shifts, and rotate between shifts as needed.
- Must be able to wear a respirator device.
- Annually be able to demonstrate issued weapons proficiency.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146