|Date Posted||July 28, 2021|
We are looking for an Electromechanical Technician who is interested in working night shift! Our Equipment Maintenance Technicians are responsible for multiple activities in support of manufacturing. This position requires that the individual possess knowledge in electronics and electromechanical systems and is able to translate that knowledge into the ability to troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and perform preventative maintenance procedures on equipment used in the manufacture of semiconductor devices. These repairs and procedures are performed in an environment where toxic gas, high voltage, and kinetic energy hazards exist. Repairs and maintenance must be performed in a timely and accurate manner so as to minimize the loss of availability to manufacturing.
- Working hours: Night shift, from 6:00pm to 6:00am, alternating between 3 days and 4 days per week
- Initial work hours would involve training 8:00am to 5:00pm, 5 days per week for 4 to 10 weeks.
- Work is performed within a clean room environment that requires the wearing of a smock, hood, booties, latex gloves, and safety glasses.
- Requires the use of airline respirator.
- Requires occasional wearing of personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, aprons, gauntlets, and full face masks.
- Requires standing for up to 75% of shift
- Requires lifting of objects that weigh up to 50 lbs
- May require work with hazardous gases, chemicals, and voltages up to 90 kilovolts.
The Successful Candidate will Have the Opportunity to…
- Clean the chambers of Probus Silicon Carbide Epitaxy reactors
- Reassemble and check for vacuum leaks in the Probus process chamber
- Perform preventative maintenance on the SiC holder
- Replace compressed gas cylinders
- Perform chamber changes and thermocouple changes on the Epsilon 2000 Epitaxy tools
- Troubleshoot and repair electromechanical systems that include servo motors and controllers, stepper motors and controllers, AC motors and controllers, and DC motors and controllers.
- Troubleshoot and repair electro-pneumatic systems that include solenoid valves, gate valves, high vacuum isolation valves, and pneumatic logic circuits.
- Troubleshoot and repair electronic systems to the chassis level.
- Troubleshoot and repair gas delivery systems that include Nupro valves, pressure regulators, and mass flow controllers.
- Be cross-trained in other areas as needed
The ideal candidate will have...
- An Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering Technologies or Electromechanical Technologies or Military Equivalent, or other relevant equipment maintenance education/experience.
- 2-5 years as an electromechanical technician, ideally in the semiconductor industry
- Experience with one of the following tool sets highly preferred:
- LAM Plasma Etchers (i.e., LAM9600, LAM45, LAM94, or LAM Alliance)
- Axcellis GEMINI/GES plasma resist strip
- TEL and/or JST wet benches
- An understanding of the operation and maintenance of vacuum pumps including roughing pumps, turbomolecular pumps, and cryogenic pumps.
- The ability to troubleshoot high vacuum systems which operate to pressures as low as 5 x 10 -7 torr.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to read electrical schematics
- The ability to use digital multimeters and voltage supplies
- The flexibility to work outside of normal schedule, cross train, (learn more than one job or operation) and multi-task as needed.
- Immediate vesting in 401(k) Plan upon day one of hire
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Partial-Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays
- At least 3 consecutive days off per week
- The ability to learn and grow internally in an exciting, world-class company!
ON Semiconductor is an equal opportunity employer. The Company maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent discrimination or harassment against any qualified applicant or employee to the extent prohibited by federal, state and local laws and regulations. By way of example, discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information (including test results), status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, uniform service member status, political affiliation, union membership, gender identity or gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law is prohibited.
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power and signal management, logic, standard and custom devices. The company's products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions.