|Date Posted||July 22, 2021|
Call Centre / CustomerService
The Carle Medical Supply (CMS) Patient Healthcare Representative 1 provides customer service to the patients and referral sources of CMS. Responsible for walk-in inquiries, working the EPIC In-Basket, taking retail and telephone order requests, gathering billing information, verifying insurance coverage, ordering and receiving product and stocking shelves. Represents CMS as a leader in home medical equipment, products and service through outstanding product knowledge and demonstration of excellent customer service.
- Accurately prepares work orders for delivery/drop-ship/ pick-up.
- Answer telephone, take and deliver messages according to department communication standards.
- Attempts to collect customer co-pay amounts per company policy.
- Maintains an advanced understanding of third party payer guidelines, especially Medicare Part B.
- Maintains and presents a well-organized retail area. Insures products are priced, keeps retail area, fitting rooms and shelves neat, clean, stocked and well organized.
- Prepare and submit all paperwork and reports as required by Carle Medical Supply policy.
- Provides minor equipment repairs and maintains repair reports for equipment repairs.
- Provides product education and demonstrations along with retail assistance to CMS customers.
- Resolves customer concerns, questions, and complaints by identifying problems and coordinating appropriate corrective action. Reports the situation and resolution to supervisor.
- Suggest, develop and promote new products or services of benefit to CMS customers.
- Verify insurance coverage and communicate to patients their financial responsibility if any.
- Maintains adequate retail and rental inventory. Assists with ordering supplies or equipment when needed.
- Brings opportunities to leadership along with solutions.
- Works with provider offices to ensure a good working relationship by providing instruction to the provider offices and nursing departments on insurance rules and regulations.
- Review prescriptions for accuracy and determine if the order can be filled.
- Performs measurements on patients in order to determine proper fit for patients requiring compression garments.
- Assembles products such as walkers to meet the specific needs of patients. Advise and adjust other mobility items according to proper patient requirements such as height and weight.
- Responsible for accurate account set ups, including entering demographic patient information, loading insurance into the account, adding the correct product to the account, building and attaching certified medical necessity information, and accurately completing the order for billing.
- Works to meet productivity standards by producing work orders at a level that meets department goals.