|Date Posted||September 2, 2021|
Trades & Services
The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective daily operation relating to the department, as set forth by the Resort's standards and will administer the supervision of all housekeeping staff.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma required. Four-year progressive housekeeping supervisory/management required.
LICENSE/PERMITS REQUIRED: Must have valid driver's license for the applicable state.
REQUIRED SKILLS: Must be able to read, write and speak English.
KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE: Ability to understand and effectively utilize above average computer equipment and applications, to include but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite, Excel and Property or Lodging Management Systems (Visual One). Must be able to efficiently process and export data from LMS, Time/Attendance and other property systems.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Experience with properties (Hotels and Resorts) in excess of 500 rooms. Have a broad understanding of the tourism industry and the day-to-day operations of a hotel/resort are helpful.
-Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
-Flexible and long hours sometimes required including weekends and holidays.
-Ability to stand during entire shift.
-Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
-Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
-Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
-Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
-Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by Associates, Supervisors, Department Heads, Senior Management, and guests.
-Must be able to adapt to a broad range of customer interactions, inquiries, and complaints.
-Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions and statistical analysis.
-Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
-Make independent decisions while maintaining strong ethical standards consistent with company policy, rules and the ability to maintain confidential information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
1) Ensures staff is trained for all positions and cross trained within departments.
2) Develops written guidelines, training manual and procedures for staff operations.
3) Monitor and evaluate staff work performance on an on-going basis; praises and disciplines staff as appropriate.
4) Attends management and department meetings and communicates with staff on all shifts.
5) Resolves guest complaints that will encourage repeat visits to the resort.
6) Builds team environment and group morale.
7) Use proper two-way radio etiquette when communicating with all associates.
8) Monitor all "Lost and Found" items according to Resort standards.
9) Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
10) Motivate, coach, teach, train, counsel and discipline associates according to Kalahari SOP's.
11) Manage the day-to-day activities of the housekeeping department; schedule associates to ensure proper coverage.
12) Ensure associates are given the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
13) Schedule routine inspections of all guest rooms/suites and public areas to ensure everything is clean and in good repair.
14) Prepare and conduct interviews and follow hiring procedures according to Kalahari SOP's
15) Prepare employee schedule(s) according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
16) Maintain Kalahari SOP's regarding purchase orders, vouchering of invoices and accounting.
17) Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
18) Ensure implementation of all Kalahari policies and resorts rules. Understand housekeeping terms, chemical and hazardous material handling, and sanitation/cleanliness standards.
19) Maintain constant communication with Front Office, Maintenance, Conference Services and Laundry departments for efficient and prompt service to the guests.
20) Manage and organize large turn days.
21) Monitor and assist with deep cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during unanticipated rush periods.
22) Ensure daily management of labor expenses.
23) Monitor and inspect all VIP rooms daily to ensure that cleanliness meets Resorts standards.
24) Monitor fixtures, furniture, supplies and general appearance of all areas to ensure that all is up to Resort standards.
25) Document all incidents and accident reports in accordance with Resort policy.
26) Prepare and review daily housekeeping reports.
27) Ensure at the end of the shift, all keys and assignment sheets are completed and accounted for.
28) Report maintenance issues to Maintenance Techs, Director of Housekeeping, and/or General Manager.
29) Ensure all guest calls are completed within a timely manner and follow up to ensure satisfaction.
30) Plan, coordinate, and participate in special projects.
31) Requisition and distribute supplies and equipment and maintain records of supply inventory.
32) Plan, coordinate and facilitate training programs.
33) Inspect equipment for damage and perform minor repairs as appropriate.
34) Assist in implementing safety and infection-control programs.
35) Maintain all work areas and ensure Housekeeping equipment is free of safety violations.
36) Report any hazardous conditions or broken equipment immediately to the proper personnel.
37) Understand all duties of Room Attendants, Housepersons, and Supervisors and assist when needed.
38) Indirectly supervise all public area housekeeping associates.
39) Work with Front Office to monitor out-of order, out-of service, discrepant and show rooms.
40) Maintain required pars of all supplies.
41) Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
42) Participate and conduct Daily Promise meetings and trainings as required by management.
43) Perform other duties as requested from management.
44) Comply at all times with Kalahari standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.