|Date Posted||July 22, 2021|
Through autonomous aerial robotics, Matternet is on a mission to make access to physical goods as frictionless and universal as access to information.
Matternet provides an end-to-end solution integrating the Matternet M2 Drone, the Matternet Station, and the Matternet Cloud Platform. We provide our platform as a service to healthcare, e-commerce and logistics organizations to transport goods on demand, through the air, at a fraction of the time, cost and energy of any other transportation method used today.
As the Hardware Engineering Program Manager for our Station Team, you will develop a detailed plan to take the Matternet Station system from prototype to production. You will lead the team to execute on the conception, design, productization, and support of the Station system, including managing initial operations of the system in the field. Successful execution will require diverse and constant engagement with ME, EE, Software, and Manufacturing concepts within the Station team, as well as greater Matternet organization.
This position is slated to start mid-Q3.
- Work with cross-functional team Leads and Matternet leadership to translate the top-down Station strategy and priorities into detailed product road maps, timelines, and deliverables.
- Coordinate station engineering needs and requests between operations and engineering.
- Create plans, manage logistics and coordinate activities with operations with respect to deploying the station assets
- Serve as the main contact on the station team between all different groups at Matternet that will coordinate needs between all groups and the station.
- Manage and facilitate communications with external vendors.
- Ensure clear communication and risk mitigation within and outside of the Station teams, including with leadership.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years combined experience in hardware engineering, leading engineering teams, and coordinating operations.
- 3+ years experience in program, operations, and/or people management.
- Experience applying waterfall and agile/scrum based approaches to guide the team and track progress of any project.
- Ability to understand technical, development, and engineering hurdles in conjunction with business, operations, and overall product requirements in order to make data driven decisions enabling efficiency.
- Time management skills, and leadership experience delegating tasks effectively.
- Experience making difficult decisions under pressure.
- Strong track record in managing complex cross-functional programs and process development.
- Experience in medical devices, semiconductor equipment, capital equipment/manufacturing, aerospace, and/or automotive industries.
- MBA or any flavor of PM certification.
- Experience with safety-critical systems and field operations.
- Experience managing an interdisciplinary team (EE, ME, Software) developing a single product or working on a single project.
- Experience managing outside vendors and contract manufacturers.
- Experience with common project management tools and software suites (eg. Microsoft project, JIRA, Asana, Arena, SAP, etc).
Matternet does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.