|Date Posted||July 28, 2021|
Trades & Services
We Are Hiring
Ascension St. John Hospital
22101 Moross Rd, Detroit, MI 48236
16 hours per week, Mid Shift
Backgrounds in Law Enforcement, Public Safety, Firefighter and EMS are encouraged to apply!
What We Offer You
· Competitive compensation
· Professional development
· Wellbeing programs and holistic growth opportunities
· Work-life balance through generous paid time off
· Tuition reimbursement
· Adoption assistance
· Medical, dental, vision and retirement match
What You Will Do
Provide security services to ensure a safe environment for staff and visitors.
- Perform proactive monitoring of and timely responses to potential/actual security threats.
- Investigate, document and manage security incidents and hazards.
- Maintain knowledge/follow policies and procedures regarding alarms and emergency/disaster preparedness plans. May facilitate planned drills and simulations.
- Provide information and assistance to staff and visitors to promote safety.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Law Enforcement preferred but not required
- Prior security experience preferred but not required
- Drivers License credentialed from the Michigan Bureau of Motor Vehicles obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Security Guard specializing in Weapon Permit obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required. State of Michigan Concealed Pistol License is required
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred but not required
- High school diploma or GED required.
Why Join Our Team
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension SE Michigan is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.